Curb appeal. I am lucky to live in a neighborhood where most of us work hard to have nice curb appeal and an attractive neighborhood. This time of year we all have spring fever and are planning what we need to be doing to get ready for warm weather. Here a few tips to keep in mind as you get your homes ready for spring.
* Prune trees and your shrubs
* Put down lyme and fertilizer in your yard so your yard will be the first to green up this spring
* Spread grass seed if you didn’t do it in the fall
* Be thinking about prepping your flowerbeds with pine straw or mulch
* If you are thinking about adding new plants check with a local nursery for help and guidance before you buy.
Keep in mind that people constantly drive through neighborhoods “looking” to see what is on the market so you want to make sure that your home is attractive and “The One” the people will remember.
Wonderful 3 bedroom home in Steele Meadows near the Anne Springs Close Greenway. At only $182,000 this well maintained home has a large kitchen , huge great room and spacious bonus room. Ample storage in this home with a 2 car garage and a large storage building in the back. Large deck overlooks a fenced in back yard. Great home that will not last long
Let me tell you about an exciting new business that has arrived in Rock Hill! Academy Sports and Outdoors located at Dave Lyle Blvd and Red River Road has officially opened and what a store it is. Over 70,000 sq ft of apparel, sporting equipment, athletic shoes, exercise equipment, camping equipment and even a whole section on barbequing. The store goes on and on and it will be a huge addition to the retail climate growing in Rock Hill. The officil store opening will be March 30 – April 1 and no doubt there will be lots of great deals and special treats for the entire family. With spring here be sure and check out Academy for all your outdoor and sport needs!
This weekend my wife and I took advantage of the great weather and spent a great deal of time in the yard. Curb appeal is so important not only if you are selling a home, but wanting your neighborhood to look “kept” and taken care of for other neighbors or folks passing by. There are many simple and impactful measures that homeowners take to make the outside of your home look like it has had a major overhaul.
• Pinestraw or mulch depending what you prefer. The appearance is amazing when you add pinestraw or mulch to your flower beds and planting areas. The cost is minimal when you consider the pricelessness of the results and the labor required is a great form of exercise.
• Wash off the patio furniture. With all the pollen and gunk from the winter months a simple mixture of soap and water and a brush will help your patio furniture spring back to life.
• The wonders of a can of spray paint. Talk about a cheap fix. Each year we spray paint our lamp post and outdoor lights so get rid of the rust and dullness. Quick and easy.
• Plants in pots add great appeal and many of my neighbors are decorating with plants in nice pots verses planting in the ground. Here again you can spend anything you want on pots (and it can get expensive) but buy terra cotta pots and again a can of spray paint and you can work wonders really fast.
We all have neat tips we pick up from friends or Pinterest so feel free to share!
It is that time of year when you can feel spring in the air. Many of my neighbors are already out getting their yards and landscaping ready for spring and I am doing the same. One of the most effective ways to enhance the appearance of your yard is having pine straw or mulch in your plant and flower beds. Our personal preference is pine straw and I want to share with all my friends about an upcoming pine straw sell at Woodland United Methodist Church which wii be held March 17, March 24 and April 1. Bales of pine straw are $4.50/bale or if you want delivery to your home it is $5/bale with a minimum of 10 bales. For years we have purchased our pine straw from Woodland because the needles are long and clean and all proceeds go towards missions. So if you are in need of pine straw give me a call and I will be glad to provide further information or discuss delivery procedures. Have fun sprucing up for spring.